Sunday, June 26, 2011

Collections

It has been so long since my last post.   A great friend has re-inspired me to post with the start of her wonderful blog!

So, this summer has been crazy since the day we got out of school.   Between dance recital rehearsals, pictures, and dance recital, tball, puddle ducks, PAWS class, and more tball, afternoons at the pool, golfing, camping - I have found some time for my garden and some junking.   I am still looking for some scrappin time! But I will take what I can get!

   I was so excited, I found a great idea in a magazine do use an old canning "thingy", I really don't know the name of that utensil so I am going to stick with "thingy".   I had the "thingy", but needed the old blue canning Mason jars.    First garage sale I hit Saturday, and what did I find, old blue canning jars.   Huge score!   $1 a piece.   Can't pass that up.  Just wish I would have just bought all of them!!!! Now I am in search of some old things like marbes, dominoes, buttons, etc. to fill these jars.   So, that is the next treasure hunt!


I have to say, the garage sale gods were looking out for me this weekend. I also found a picture of a collection of old thermos's! And low and behold, found 4 of them for a total of $4. I need to find another old picnic basket to display them! Even though I have a few already, they have a home that I don't want to disturb.



You may not be able to see them, but I also collect crocheted pot holders!     I need to figure out a better display idea for these wonderful pieces.    I think there is a possibility that I have entirely too many collections!   Yikes!    
Can't forget the fun yard chairs! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally stealing that picnic basket idea! Soooo cute, and I just bought a green picnic basket at a thrift store last week! And your potholders -- adorable! You are so good at creating displays of your collections. Any ideas for an apron collection? Mine are all stashed away in tubs. :( And Sandi, you can never have too many collections. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be watching for your Thermos creation. I have several but just don't quite know what to do with them... Mostly red cream and blue.

    ReplyDelete